PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go-around below minimums
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2019, 14:04
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by misd-agin
Reading 3.10.3 and I didn't see any comment about requiring a go-around by the threshold. It mentions distance between the aircraft.
Yes distance, and it is based on crossing the threshold, not based on touching down. It stands to reason that if the separation does not exist then a go-around is required by the threshold or the separation minima will be busted. If ATC don't issue this instruction by the threshold why wait any longer?

Don't get me wrong; I have continued past the threshold all set for a GA but expecting to get the landing clearance in the next second. Sometimes it is just obvious from what you can see on the ground and hear on the radio that ATC are trying to get the words out. But the OP's question is predicated on the unusual circumstance of getting neither landing clearance nor go-around instruction from ATC whilst you can see the runway is occupied. The question is how long can you wait "legally without landing permission or waiting for the runway to be to clear?" The answer is until no later than the threshold. The rationale is that is the point where separation minima will be busted.