PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go-around below minimums
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2019, 09:54
Trossie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An interesting one on the landing clearance bit: What about on an approach into CDG where you are cleared to land being number three on the approach?

I have done a few below minimums, the closest being as I was waiting for the wheels to touch and ATC said "XYZ Go around, er... can you make a go around from there?" By the time he had finished his transmission we were already climbing! He had spotted another aeroplane that had missed a taxiway turn and was about to infringe our runway. A formal 'thanks' was sent by our airline to the ATC unit.

Another landing that I did with a very late landing clearance was when, on a CAVOK day, a departing ahead was asked if he could expedite, said he could, was cleared to line up and take off, then 'dithered' (one of the 'legacy' airlines). We continued below 'minimums' as the go-around routing would have taken us straight into his climb-out with him being below our nose; using parkfell's 'point 2' we continued with a landing clearance as his wheels lifted off and we were near touching. We got a 'thanks' from ATC as we turned off the runway.