PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 15th Sep 2019, 22:44
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
An offer from Mr Crawford. Thoughts anyone?

I have received the following correspondence from Mr Crawford.

"Glen, Reference your email dated 10 September 2019, where you asked Mr Carmody to facilitate a prompt, independent assessment of CASAs actions. CASA believes such an assessment should be conducted by the Commonwealth Ombudsman.

CASA therefore seeks you written consent to refer an agreed summary of your complaints to the Ombudsman with a view to the initiation of that independent assessment.

I understand that should you give your consent, you will be contacted by the Ombudsman within two weeks of CASAs referral and that you will have the opportunity to provide the Ombudsman any additional information or submissions relevant to your complaints.

To ensure CASA properly conveys your complaints in its referral, I would invite you to engage with Jonathan Hanton (CASA industry Complaints Commissioner) in drafting the agreed summary.

Should you wish to do so, please confirm by return email CASA has your consent to request an independent assessment by the Commonwealth Ombudsman

Kind Regards, Graeme Crawford.

My personal view is that this matter has dragged on for almost one year. The last year has been quite traumatic to say the least, and i think the time has arrived for a legal determination to determine if CASAs behaviour was lawful, and if me and affected parties are entitled to compensation.

Full steam ahead to the Courts i say, but keen on any well intentioned guidance or suggestions, cheers. Glen

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/__data/a...g-remedies.pdf

Last edited by glenb; 15th Sep 2019 at 23:27.