PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2019, 22:11
Street garbage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
Yup UULR could be a QF specialty - most other airlines (eg BA) won't bother as they can tap a lot of markets with an LR fleet

You are right about the proportion of relative costs - BUT you forget the management...

"lets see - we're not making enough profit to trigger my bonus... we need to cut costs- cheaper 'planes? Thought not.... Fuel?? Whoops ......... Landing fees???? Oh.......

SO.......... HOW do I show people I'm the very model of modern manager? Be Ruthless?? Fire the cleaners!! OK but that doesn't make much difference ... and no-one notices (for a while anyway... let's see....... those mouthy, arrogant, uniform wearing snobs who only put in a few days a month.......... hand me the list...."

PEOPLE costs are one of the few things that management actually have any control over
Wrong again. Fuel costs? You don't think management can reduce the Company's LARGEST expenditure by increasing the acceptance rate on more fuel efficient aircraft? Or even ordering them?
As for the "mouthy, arrogant uniform wearing snobs"..well they took a 30% hit last time, and you are now short of them on most fleets..B737, B787, and especially A330..firing them will make all the difference....
The problem with Angels on this forum is a little bit of knowledge is dangerous..