PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More KC-46A woes....
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2019, 17:27
msbbarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
wellll assuming they could make it work ........... but let's not get into the AvB issue again on here please..................

There is no way the current US Govt is going to buy Airbus and ditch Boeing - Trump was elected to defend AMERICAN JOBS, he's running for re-election and that's that
If things keep going badly for Boeing, defending American jobs might become very expensive. I don't know how much thought Uncle Sam is giving to whether it might have to intervene in Boeing's future, but if it does have to, I'd have thought sooner rather than later would be easiest. Left too late, the US gov might have an impossible job reconstituting the company as an operating concern. Laid off staff will disappear into the jobs market ASAP, possibly as far as Mobile...

One supposes that there's quite a lot of functions fulfilled by Boeing that are of strategic and economic importance, and must continue whatever happens. For instance, if Boeing cease operations who'd pick up the Design Authority role for all those airliners, never mind all those military aircraft? The thought of all those aircraft not flying gives me cold sweats.