PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Centenary Becomes A PR Nightmare
Old 14th Sep 2019, 16:47
etudiant

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chugalug2
BA has absorbed many airlines into its own operation (including many that preceded it as we are reminded by its so called centenary). Many of those operators held London slots that then became added to those already allocated to BA). Does BA therefore own these slots that they paid good money for when buying otherwise worthless airlines (I speak as Devil's advocate of course)? The answer legally is no. The answer politically? Anybody's guess, but I suggest that those advocating those slots be denied at their whim to the travelling public need to take into account the possibility of being hoist by their own petard.
Totally agree, this is the critical issue and I cannot believe the BA leadership is not totally focused on keeping those slots nailed down, no matter what.
So expect a substantial BA sponsored flag waving campaign, plus have them working very diligently to stay on the right side of TPTB. I don't know how their press relations are, but this would be a good time to polish those as well.
Meanwhile, their legal staff is doubtless working hard to nail down their slot ownership claims as much as possible and war gaming the potential alternatives.
Who knows, maybe they could buy Norwegian to ensure the public continues to get served if their pilots go on strike.