PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet FO anxiety attack
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2019, 07:23
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Reverserbucket

I know of a student who was chopped pre-solo due to suffering panic attacks during the stall entry, every time; parents threatened legal action and was readmitted on condition that training continued with an instructor with a better appreciation of phycological considerations...i.e. don't go near the stall as it upsets the student. Another was found to be taking Diazepam...but only before solo exercises...because they were the 'most stressful'. These are integrated ATPL students on EASA approved courses at big ATO's, no doubt like the F/O in the AAIB report.
It would appear these parents simply didn’t understand just what training was about, and the ATO simply folded under the prospect of m’learned friends being involved. It would have been interesting if this case ever ended up in court as to what arguments the plaintiffs would have made. The prospect of expensive legal action is never appealing.

I however find it remarkable that this ‘little darling’ might have been issued a CPL/IR, and possibly employment in the RHS?

As for the little darling on diazepam...........Class One issue ?

Good news is on the near horizon. Upset recovery training is being introduced later this year by EASA as a mandatory item for all little darlings. A mild sorting out of the ‘sheep from the goats’. That would clearly have made the ATOs training so much easier to explain to the parents.