PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SunExpress Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2019, 03:45
crazypilot69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lhc7664
Ditto! I would love to hear more about life at SXS..
Originally Posted by lhc7664
Ditto! I would love to hear more about life at SXS..
The word horrible should be a precise description of your life at SXS.

Expect Maximum Duty with minimum rest and minimum days OFF.
Once per month you'll get a triple off after a night flight but your first duty after your off usually starts at 0100AM or 0300AM gmt.
NO VACATION in your first year.
12 Days second year.
​And dont even try to get it in summer otherwise you'll have 1 week leave but you still fly 90+ hours.
Roster extremely unstable, roster changes almost every day.

Lowest paying company in Turkey.

If you decide to go there try antalya base, at least you'll have some time in winter to recover if they dont send you to ankara or istanbul for the lovley layovers.

they will lie to you and say they have the best crm and the best training in turkey... (i doubt it im sure the other companies are the same)

If you choose izmir or antalya base you will have approx 900hours per year which is good for experience and bad for your health...
4 years to command and 3 years bonding after upgrade (you will mainly fly fatigued and with unexperienced FO's because the experienced ones either escape to qatar or become captains)
​​​​​​
My advice, get 1000 hours and go away as fast as you can and pay the contract fines.
I wish i would have done so instead of wasting 2 more years there.
​​
​​​​​​or get the command and leave as fast as you can (if the companies will take you)

For Prop and small jet direct entry captains its a nice opportunity to get hours and leave to ryanair or sth. similar.

Only positive things to say:

Company is non punitive.
You can do a lot of visuals or fd off stuff (if youre not fatigued)
Nice crew atmosphere.
Stable company, they wont fire you if Business goes bad one year.

​​