PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The best video ever on unusal attitude recoveries in airline aircraft
Old 13th Sep 2019, 20:36
Cornish Jack

Received 151 Likes on 95 Posts
Judd - Absolutely correct in that assessment!
I first came across this series when I was Tech instructing at a UK major and the series were amalgamated with a volcanic ash avoidance video and used for recurrent training sessions. I must have sat through the that combination at least 30 - 40 times and STILL found snippets which were valid. One effect of multiple watchings left me somewhat leery of a commonly held theory that the videos lead to the F O's over controlling yaw input in the New York disaster. Warren's advice was much more measured than has been suggested in some comments. A further area of interest, which, I feel, has had insufficient follow up action was the point he made in the Delta Tristar crash in windshear. He argued strongly for the inclusion of AoA indicating instrumentation " ... it's there in the FDR for the accident investigators but not for the pilots dealing with the problem!" ...
If there is anything to be said against the presentation, it's that an up date would be invaluable - but where would you find another WV!!