PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has everyone suddenly forgotten how to build airplanes?
Old 13th Sep 2019, 18:00
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I trim my Airbus in DCT law for clean speed and then bring towards stall using a pitch up command on the stick, there is progressive force that needs to be overcome. No issue.

Next.

Oh, wait. If I have a stroke mid-way and let go off the stick, the nose drops down and does not hang up, or - heaven forbid - keep raising.

For those interested in the particular CG restriction on A320, please see my comment on the A321 thread.

Speaking of which: if the manufacturer discovers on a test rig something about the pitch response is not aligned with the book exactly, WITHOUT any prior in-service event or SIM observation, just by doing their QA homework properly, that is actually how you DO build an aeroplane. Not faultless, but responsible is the key word.

If I wanted to be mean, a little note would slip about how you can fully trim the Bus manually in and out of all settings at all corners of the envelope. But I am a much nicer person than that.