PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet FO anxiety attack
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2019, 12:21
Banana Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an event during my very very early career (now I am in the early phase, so there you go), less than 100 hours on type, a sudden windshift during the flare that made me lose 15 knots of airspeed. A go around was made by myself but some damage had been done. No biggie, the aircraft flew just fine. Subsequent successful landing, on the same runway, done by myself. I came out clean with the higher ups and said what I might have done wrong during that phase. I was supposed to receive some extra training, but at no time was my job in jeopardy. Training quickly cancelled after the internal safety report confirmed my piloting technique, according to the book, was correct and we had an actual windshear with no warnings. I saved the day with the go around, indeed.

Ok, I do not suffer from anxiety and this event did not affect me. Everybody is different, but I would hope the lad gets a second chance, with the support required.

And I bet this lad had less than 100 hours on a real airplane before getting to fly an A320. He must be an MPL product.