PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-2
Thread: Isle of Man-2
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2019, 11:34
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tonyq
You may be right about the Q400, but to say they are “unsuited” is just a bare-faced lie. If the ATR economics are better, then say they make the network “more sustainable”.

Of course, one thing no one has mentioned, is that Stobart management are now (partly) calling the shots, and the FlyBe management, who threw them off the routes six months ago are now............well who knows where they are!
I wouldn't have thought there's much in it economics-wise between Q400's and ATR 72's, though from a passenger perspective having been on both I prefer the ATR 72's and if it's -600's the bigger overhead luggage bins will be an improvement over the -212A/500's from EI-REL/M's time based at IOM. One negative of having aircraft based at IOM from the last time is if one of them goes tech or if there are delays it impacts the rest of the day's programme, whereas at the moment they can swap aircraft at BHX or MAN.

I do wonder whether this is one area where the new regime are flexing their muscles on the business and who's driving the change?