PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 13th Sep 2019, 08:37
Turb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian W
From another thread - this applies absolutely to the Max. See 1.2 of link
UK CAA LOC due failure to keep aircraft trimmed
Wow! Takes us straight back to Tomaski's excellent posts, including this one.
Quotes from CAA:
The effects of startle factor and the crew’s ability to manually control the aircraft in an undesired state when the malfunction/s cannot be accurately diagnosed should be thoroughly evaluated and assessed with training interventions, when required.
Examples of flight crew training syllabus items which may assist in the avoidance of aircraft loss
of control are given in the following list.....The difficulty of manual trim intervention at high aerodynamic loads with applicable commercial air transport aircraft, particularly at lower altitudes and with consideration of crew coordination difficulties/techniques

Reading the whole document I found myself wondering why they need to tell people to train for these situations - I mean surely it's all standard training protocols - and then I look again at Tomaski's post and I find myself thinking it's time to stop trusting the civil aviation industry.