PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 13th Sep 2019, 06:47
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Sorry policy six. The last. Important to the family this one. Anyway, i digress off t

Policy Six- Animal Welfare (I have a family obsessed with animal welfare, so wasn’t going to get away without this one.

Encouraging greater awareness of responsible pet ownership. Introduction of a voluntary, 3 hour, on line pet awareness course.

This single course and associated quizz is administered on site at approved animal welfare charities, and local councils, and has a modest charge attached that generates revenue for the respective charities.

The exam will cover topics such as
o Expected annual costs of pet ownership.
o Importance of Animal health i.e. exercise, diet
o Simple diagnosis of pet health.
o Being a good neighbour.
o Examples of costs associated with common vet visits i.e. vaccinations, ingested something, hit by a car etc.
o Pet health insurance options.
o What to do, when your pet “doesn’t work out. Ie. responsible options.

Although not mandated the certificate generated could be used in conjunction with retailers or veterinary chains to obtain discounts, and could be used by responsible pet shops as a prerequisite for the purchase of a pet.

Sorry folks, will get vey much back on topic, and it might just be that the existing independents working with the ALP cant bring about a by election in the seat of Chisholm.