PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 13th Sep 2019, 06:39
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Policy Five- Gambling

Policy Five- Gambling

We need to recognise that there are people that cannot gamble responsibly and this impacts on them, their families and their workplaces.

Let me be clear, I don’t gamble and never have, but many of the people around me do, and they do so responsibly.

I want only two changes.

Almost every young adult has a betting account now. If the holder of an online betting account is under the age of 21, their online account MUST display their “overall position”, rather than a history of transactions only.

For example if the person has put $500 into their account, but during the same period had lost $600, the display would have to clearly indicate an overall loss of $100 since that account was opened.

Many 18 to 21 year olds still maintain a relationship with their parents where that information would be useful in a family discussion related to gambling, and may assist with an early intervention. It will also provide a realistic overview to the account holder, rather than a frequently misguided perspective.

Advertising of gambling would be restricted to TV programs where ¾ of the audience is deemed to be an adult audience.