PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 13th Sep 2019, 06:15
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
I found it! Here was my intro

My name is Glen Buckley, very happily married for over 20 years, with three young adult children.

I was born in Essex Road Mount Waverley, bought my own home Essex Road in Mount Waverley, and lived in the same street in Mount Waverley in Chisholm for my entire 53 years. Im a small business owner operating a flying school at Moorabbin Airport for the last 13 years, and have worked professionally as a Pilot/Flying Instructor for the last 25 years.

My working years provided opportunities travelling and living in many parts of the world, with opportunities to work in England, Japan and the Fiji islands. Throughout those periods my "home" was Essex Road, where my parents continued to live until very recently.

I appreciate that this document is lengthy, but your decision on election day is important.

I am a self funded independent candidate, presenting myself to you on a limited budget.

Chisholm needs somebody representing their interests, and neither a Labor or Liberal Member will achieve that.

I am presenting myself to the electorate of Chisholm. As part of your decision making process, see what these candidates stand for. I don’t pass judgement, because I don’t know what they stand for, and I couldn’t find out. I knew only that they represented each of the major Parties.

I will be standing as an Independent Candidate against

Gladys Liu Liberal
Jennifer Yang Labour

I appreciate that my task is significant, and that you will receive lots of literature over coming weeks calling on your support. I encourage you to consider me amongst your options on election day. I appreciate you may be time poor, but I encourage you to read what I stand for

Last edited by glenb; 13th Sep 2019 at 07:06. Reason: Edited on well intentioned suggestion for clarity.