PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 13th Sep 2019, 03:45
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
defammation

Let me be very clear that I have the utmost respect for our legal system.

I have been through it on a number of times, and at times against big Companies such as BDO (large financial firm) and Toyota.

I have made decisions to terminate two staff, and found myself in Fairwork backing my decision making on both occasions.(those two individual's were two of the best "instructors" that ever worked at MFT. My decision was on other factors).

There are never any winners, only losers.
There is only a bigger loser and a smaller loser.

I have never been the big loser, but I have been a loser.

My perspective is simple. Be well intentioned and tell the truth. It doesn't need a lawyer. If one party wont abide by those two simple rules, only then do you need a lawyer. I've never used a lawyer because I tell the truth, and I am well intentioned.

If someone elected to take action aginst me on the basis of something I have said, I would fully respect that process, and in fact that would be the fair process. I wouldn't even take any offence. I have an opinion that I believe to be fact. The other party has an opinion that they sincerely believe to be fact.

An indetermination is in fact the ONLY way to work out who is right and wrong.

I would vigorously defend my claims. I believe I have strong supporting evidence. I believe they are truthful, and in the public interest. They are against workplace conduct only, and each of those persons may well be an exceptional person outside of their engagement with me.

Also. My last 10 months has been stressful. Too stressful. I do not want to bring any mental anguish to anyone, I really don't. If ever I wrote something that really bought harm to anyone, I would hope they would text me on 0418772013, and I would establish contact and respectfully consider that request to stop. I am mindful that people have children, families etc

My hope is that you are each "up for the challenge". It is only my opinion but we continue to move towards a situation where all perspectives will be presented.

Bring it on I say!!!