PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 13th Sep 2019, 03:04
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
The Legal review

Whilst the crowd funding has slowed somewhat, I am confident the target can be achieved.

The crowd funding page was designed by a past employee and student, and activated by a work colleague. I have only spoken on here about my issues, and not more widely. As i stated in an earlier post, I feel this forum is suitably discrete,aimed at industry stakeholders, and mentors that continue to provide support and well intentioned advice. I am convinced that Pprune is the most appropriate forum, and this will be my location until i am shuffled along.

Amongst the many offers of assistance through well intentioned contacts is a significant social media campaign. I have avoided this because of potential repercussions on my family. I have discussed this at length, and we are absolutely united, as we have been throughout, and that will be my next step. My hope is that should re-energise the campaign, and i will start that this weekend (time permitting).

Regarding the legal firm.

As I discussed in previous posts, two respected persons facilitated an initial consultation only, with a substantive law firm. This opportunity would never have been available to me, had I approached this firm directly. They are large, highly respected, and feedback from people suggests, I have been blessed with the opportunity. I see raised eyebrows when I mention the name.

However, they are not aviation experts, although have access to those resources.

It could be that the assessment is made by an aviation lawyer with an established reputation in the industry. A strong level of industry knowledge will allow the lawyer to get to the significant matters in more cost effective timeframes. They will potentially have a grasp of what is actually important. An aviation lawyer will more easily be able to distinguish between the important issues and my emotive and potentially skewed view.

I did have an opportunity to have a phone conversation with a respected industry lawyer, and admittedly that name has popped up again and again. I am considering contacting him to have a discussion and assess availability.

I get many offers of how can I help? The answer, spread the word, help me to get to my $50,000 to fund the review

I am simply seeking the opportunity for someone not on the CASA payroll to make an independent assessment as to whether CASAs conduct has been lawful.

If anybody has any recommendations of an aviation lawyer please email me [email protected]

Last edited by glenb; 13th Sep 2019 at 03:06. Reason: grammar correction