PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Familiarisation training for SEP aircraft?
Old 11th Sep 2019, 17:51
Miles Magister

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Flying Doc

You will find the answers to type rating differences here EASA Type and class ratings
You will find explanatory notes here EASA type rating explanatory notes

Whilst no one should offer opinion on this site as to your particular case without examining the details carefully, I have myself flown both C152 and C150 aircraft without differences training in the past. However I am now too fat to fly either and I would always be outside the front end of the CofG envelope with whatever load I had on board so do check this. The C150 is more likely to have a larger envelope as they are generally lighter aircraft.

All that said you are very wise to seek advice and do seek advice from an experienced instructor on type before operating. An example is that I once took off in a C172 and put the fuel booster pump on for take off as that is how I had always operated single piston aircraft but there had been a Cessna service bulletin for the C172 stating that the fuel booster pump should be off for take off because having it on could cause a rich cut. Interestingly the junior instructor I was flying with knew this but did not mention it to me because I was a very experienced instructor, examiner, ATPL etc etc etc. I found out later and went back to said junior instructor and politely corrected his ways for not speaking up.

Do not assume, check

MM

Last edited by Miles Magister; 11th Sep 2019 at 19:01.