PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2019, 16:57
Geriaviator

Received 241 Likes on 75 Posts
Another great story on the way!

Congratulations on your epic journey, Mike! Your four years' seniority makes your achievement all the more commendable. It's a long time since I flew my favourite Tiger Moth, it was just like riding a bike after 25 years but the traffic and the vast expansion of controlled airspace was something else. Alas my over-enthusiastic pull into a loop led to hydraulic failure. For the youngsters, the Tiger Moth does not have a hydraulic system; the exact problem you will understand in another 30/40 years when we're long gone!

This thread has indeed run its course, as we always expected, for very few of that wonderful generation remain. It was our privilege to hear their stories in these pages. However, as you suggest there are still stories out there, and I have come across one of these in the course of family research. So here goes:

What's the connection between the Emperor Napoleon imprisoned on St Helena, South Australia, and Operation Jericho, the Mosquito attack on Amiens Prison? Watch this space!