PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2019, 08:00
SSS0388

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cwzy114
Hi guys, i just did my medical last Friday on the 6th Sep. My tests all went well except for my left ear. My left ear had normal hearing but with mild hearing loss at high frequency only. However, it is still within the limit of CAAS, CAA and EASA standards and all other doctor test such as whisper test went well and doctor said i could hear well. So my question is for those that had pass their medical/already became a cadet, will this affect my pre-employment with SIA? i'm confident with CAAS class 1 but SIA own medical panel not so sure. Also, in the worst case possible, i did not pass the medical, can i go and retake the medical tests again on my own expense and resend to SIA again after doing so? If yes, how can i do it since i saw a lot of people actually did it and got into SIA the second time? Hope someone could shed some light on this!

Thanks!
787 pilotwannabe
Hi there,

Unable to conclusively give you guidance on this issue. I believe you need to wait for SIA's feedback call in regard:-
From my knowledge, they will call and inform:-
1) You are fit etc. and passed
OR
2) Ask you to go for a second medical review in Singapore at a panel hospital (at your own expense) and await the final decision, in regard.

Cheers.