PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 11th Sep 2019, 06:36
LostWanderer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
It's likely pretty much as advertised except not sure how much faith one can place in the "flow" to Frontier:

https://www.afap.org.au/pilot-jobs/p...20by%20Airline
You are right to be wary of this

I know there is a lot of debate over this, but I have spoken to the folks in the know regarding this (company and ALPA) and to paraphrase official word "No, unfortunately there is no flow for temporary (E3) visa holders" emphasis on temporary. And I gather this is industry wide for those of you at other companies with various CPP and flow programs. It's a great dream but just not going to happen. You will be bypassed if you are still even at your regional when your "flow time" arrives in 6-10 years time sadly.

If you are not a green card holder or citizen, regional is as far as it goes. Interestingly I know of a few guys who have even got as far as interviews at some of the LCCs but when it when it was explained the company would need to provide a LCA etc... for an E3 every 24 months it was a case of TBNT and "We are not offering this option at this time"

Frontier has a stack of apps 50 feet high on their desk as does Spirit and Allegiant (believe it or not) All from US permanent residents and citizens.
E3 is not something they are going to be looking at in the near future. They simply don't need to.