PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heads Up! Fighter Pilot: The Real Top Gun
Old 10th Sep 2019, 10:44
Tankertrashnav

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Bob Viking - I entirely agree that this attention is not sought by the women themselves, but there is no doubt that journalists and the like will always seek to feature women in what might be considered to be a male dominated environment. I recently watched a very interesting programme about railways in Scotland, and a visitor from Mars would have drawn the conclusion that all trains were driven by women, such was the emphasis given to them by the programme makers. A while ago I also pointed out that although less than 20% of Air Transport Auxiliary pilots in WW2 were women, you never heard anything about the 80% who were men. Indeed one of our number on here (I forget who) posted that until I pointed this out he had been under the impression that the ATA had been an all female organisation. I repeat, I don't blame the women themselves for this, but the programme makers, who don't seem to be able to get over the fact that women can fly aircraft, drive trains or indeed do anything except have babies and bake cakes.