PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pulse oximeters
Thread: Pulse oximeters
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2019, 08:57
double_barrel

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Weeds round the prop
My partner has a congenital heart issue so we have used the small finger type for many years. Recently we thought it would be a good idea to find a data-logging type, and bought a unit online from a Chinese supplier who seem to only supply medical equipment and supplies. It was AU$68 and we are very pleased with it. It resembles a large wrist-watch with silicone finger sensor connected by a short lead. The display brightness can be varied and is much more readable than the small finger end type. Various parameters can be altered, and the supplied graphical software is easy to use and informative as it seems to be designed for professional use. The connection to a PC is USB, no Bluetooth unfortunately. In real-time reading the display stays on, but in logging mode the display turns off after a short period to conserve battery, which claims to run for 20 hours. I was surprised when I put two small oxi units and the new sensor on different fingers simultaneously that the O2 readings were all the same, plus or minus 1%, for a long period. (The same with the heart rate, but that parameter is an 'all or nothing' measure.)
That sounds interesting, from the comments here data logging would be very useful. Any chance you could point me to that supplier? Googling for O2 sats logging devices only brings-up rather bulky and expensive devices.