PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC / IR(R) embedded privileges currency
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2019, 06:34
Mickey Kaye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While we are on the subject. FAA CPL/IR and has a EASA PPL, SEP, IMC, FI but no CPL TK and No Easa IR. Are they able to teach for the IMC? as IN 2016-082 states (my bold):

In addition, the CAA will authorise instructors to instruct for the IMC Rating/IR(R) if they satisfy the following requirements:
a) hold a Part-FCL aeroplane licence issued by the UK CAA; and
b) hold a Flight Instructor (Aeroplane) (FI(A)) without supervisory restriction, qualified to instruct for the single pilot class rating for the class or type of aeroplane which the IR(R) instruction is to be conducted in; and
c) hold a valid IR(R) rating or IR(A) (not En-route Instrument Rating (EIR)) on the Part- FCL licence; and
d) have passed all TK examinations either for the issue of a CPL(A) or IRI(A), subject to the same time limitations stated in Part-FCL Annex I; and
e) have completed at least 10 hours flight time by sole reference to instruments in an aeroplane, Full Flight Simulator (FFS), Flight Training Device (FTD) 2/3 or Flight Navigation Procedure Trainer (FNPT) II; and
f) have completed the course as specified in FCL.905.FI(g) as detailed in FCL.930.IRI; and
g) have passed an Assessment of Competence to instruct for the IR(R) with a Flight Instructor Examiner (FIE) as specified in FCL.905.FI(g).
Note: The course specified in FCL.905.FI(g) may be completed for the purpose of qualifying to instruct for the IR(R) without having the prerequisite IFR experience for the issue of the FCL.905.FI(g) privileges.

Also I have no idea what IRI(TK) is. As far as I know there is no such thing?