PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2019, 23:37
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
From what I have observed there are not that many 18 yo straight out of school cadets and the ones that are, are immature in the way they conduct themselves. The best cadets I have flown with are those with some previous work experience. I do agree with you that they get sick of being a Jetstar pilot because they start to realise that airline flying is not all glamour and cool sunglasses. I'm not sure though why you think they won't eventually feel the same way after the excitement of being a QF SO wears off. I'm also not sure why you think that they get "first dibs" within QF. They get the same opportunity as any other QF Group pilot. In fact they get less opportunity until they achieve the minimum PIC requirements.
They get first dibs at QF mainline jobs, given the groups preference to internal applications. Dozens have gone/are going. It’s not hard to go and hire a Cessna for 50 hours and get the required PIC. Its a great fork in the road to have. Stay at JQ and get an early command (for most cadets by the time they’re in their early 30’s) or go to QF and enjoy the benefits of working for a legacy carrier.

I joined the airline as a cadet, straight out of high school and have loved the experience.