PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2019, 19:51
Matty Rich 83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottie Dog
I'm glad to hear another voice, other than Shed-on-a-pole, saying that they have managed to get through UK Border Force in an acceptable length of time!
I assume you are referring to coming down the escalator from the Skylink? If memory serves me correctly you should be able to cut through to the Swiss check-in desks by going to the immediate left of the right-hand bank of main check-in desks, rather than - as you state - going to the far end.

Anyway, happy travels.
Scottie Dog I use T1 about once a month and I may be wrong, but I thought to access the LH/LX etc check in desks, you can only do this by walking through the main check in hall, coming from the skylink, down the escalator and then through the main check in hall, which can be a nightmare to navigate when it’s busy!
That “cupboard” isn’t nice, feel for the staff working there, no windows at all! Hope the new T2 check in and security has at least some natural light?!

Robin757 timescale for T1 as far as I am aware is after 2024, although it’s fate is yet to be decided. My wishful thought is complete demolition and of the piers, were in 2019, how much longer can a 1960’s pier B go on for?! It embarrasses me when I see the A380 at the end!