PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX SFO (main thread)
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2019, 08:35
Roy De Kantzow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it’s great how everyone seems able to offer solutions as to how they would have done things better, despite not being there. I also think it’s great that everyone here seems to think they are far better pilots and something like this couldn't happen to them, due to their 'sky-god' like abilities.

Until a report is released that details all the facts, we sadly won't be able to learn much from this as it stands. I bet every single pilot who has ever taken to the skies has made numerous mistakes/slips/errors call them what you like, for all manner of reasons.

Just like the Air France crash - I always say ‘there but for the grace of god go I’. People say, ‘oh well all they had to do was disconnect the AP and push forward and recover the stall’. None of us can imagine the panic and confusion that was occurring in that cockpit. The fact is that there are errors we have made and know about and there are errors that we haven't even thought about waiting to happen. Slating other pilots and colleagues doesn't help to prevent accidents and mistakes from happening.