PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia : 315 Million Loss - How long can they survive?
Old 7th Sep 2019, 12:10
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don’t think the notion of anybody losing their job wouldn’t be sad regardless of their role. I’m pretty sure virtually none the 750 are directly responsible for the current financial situation (maybe one or two had a hand at best).

It would be great to see some questions asked of the very top end of town as to how all of this came
about. Perhaps a few forensic accountants could have a bit a poke around so to speak. Quite a bit of money involved really. I guess that’s just the corporate world for you, no matter where you live.

Jethro_27’s post really struck a chord with me. Pretty human side to someone losing a job, it’s a serious business no matter where you sit.

I recall hearing that when Ansett went under that some took their lives, so I’d caution anyone using words like “oxygen thieves” or wishing that a third of pilots were part of the number.

It was good to see and hear how much the CEO and HR manager talked of their plan to try and find employment for those affected. A lot of places just turf you out. I’ve been turfed, it’s tough going.

Anyway, most pilots aren’t concerned with feedback on reports and care little of staff travel. They’ve been around long enough and are probably too flogged to take any interest. There will always be the 3% that type away about this issue and that meal the rest simply could not be bothered.

It’s great hearing about how aviation has evolved, but at the end of the day most of us just want to get from a to b safely without getting into any trouble.

Fingers crossed the new leadership can undo the tangle and that the recession that the media excitedly promise us every second day, holds off for a few more years. If not we will all be packing our bags!

Last edited by Berealgetreal; 7th Sep 2019 at 20:30.