PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 7th Nov 2003, 01:44
craic1510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates Lhr

Hi to all Ppruners!

Well I have some great news. I was invited to an interview at LHR on tuesday, and was successful in getting through the whole day. I had a final interview on Wed and now have to wait four to five weeks to find out if I have the job! I can't believe it. There were around 65 invited and only 8 of us lucky ones got through.

So I thought I would write a bit about the day and some neccessary advice for all you going to the EK open days and/or invited interviews.

Firstly, this was my third attempt. I have been to two other open days. Believe it or not I had the same recruitment lady for the third time - Danielle from Dubai. She is a fantastic lady but scared the hell out of me on Tuesday. I thought because she recognised me I was a gonner!

Anyhow when I got to my final interview she informed me that the only reason I didn't get through before - is because I was not 21!! So there you have it - you DO need to be 21 to be selected.

The day pretty much went as so:
1. filled in survey sheet with a question on it about customer service
2. watched EK video and asked questions
3. did group sessions
4. eliminations
5. did 2 more group sessions
6. eliminations and hand out final interviews
7. fill in pyschological questionere

next day: final interviews

the day was wonderful, very informative - but at the same time - very stressful. You must come prepared.

You must come dressed in a highly presentable manner - ladies knee length skirt - hair tied back, minimum jewellery. You must have 2 professional photos. these are needed at final interview. one head and shoulder - long hair back for ladies with big smile, and full length shot - normal size photo. These MUST be properly done and must be taken at the same time. head and shoulders must be taken straight on, full length - they must be able to see hands and legs for females. these photos are send to dubai and seen by the "senior" management of emirates. you can be turned down if you dont take the time to get them done properly.

Also come prepared with your passport. they will need a photocopy if you are successful in getting a final interview.

The key is - not to be seen to be stressed! You must relax, be yourself and smile. Don't be too quiet - don't be too loud. get involved in conversation.

Ok well if there is anything anyone would like to know - please ask. It is easier to get through the day knowing how to prepare. Lets just hope I am successful after this!!

Bye

craic1510