PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Sep 2019, 06:16
Capn Rex Havoc

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Dom [QUOTE][Wasn't the F/O very experienced with a lot of time on the 777 and with the right background according to some of you?/QUOTE]

Im sorry, but last I heard it was the Captain who was at the controls, and the fo was ex qantas therefore not a lot of time of the 777. If (if the final report is ever released) it turns out that the Captain was the handling pilot and had both paws on the control yoke on the go around - wellllll - pretty hard to blame the fo.

In the long run, I don’t want to cast dispersions on any aircrew, and I am not, for one second, denigrating the skill levels of cadets, but here is the reality - experience levels have dropped exponentially, and the industry is making do with that, the accountants are making do with that, but the long term safety of the airline is unquestionably jeopardised by the ever decreasing experience levels of new joiners and new captains.