PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Centenary Becomes A PR Nightmare
Old 7th Sep 2019, 00:03
AirUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to champion BA for their comfort and service. However, following several recent experiences, I was not left impressed. The service is really suffering now as a result of the low-cost, pay-for-everything approach. This is what used to set BA apart from most of the other U.K. choices and I didn’t mind paying a little extra to receive the complimentary service. The knock-on effect is a sub-standard offering, at high cost and the service is VERY slow as a result. It took well over an hour after take off in the Euro Traveller cabin to be able to order two Gin & Tonics - at the price of £6 each, which is a crazy price for BA. (We weren’t even right at the back of the a/c either). On the way back, we bought our own drinks in the airport and brought our own sandwiches with us, something I never thought I’d ever do on a BA flight! This same slow service with all cabin lights on gone 11pm at night and numerous PAs during flight back meant that instead of being able to get the sleep we expected in order to drive home slightly less weary at 1:30am in the morning, we got none. And that’s without mentioning the uncomfortable seats on the tatty G-MIDx fleet that have been relegated to Gatwick. ONE check-in bag increased our fare by £30 each way too - excessive. Based upon this experience, I would not differentiate the service offered by BA to that offered by EasyJet/Ryanair, etc (in fact their checked-bag prices are lower). I realise I wasn’t flying in Club Europe, but I wasn’t before either. Lufthansa have a great economy service which is simple, yet appreciated. I’m sorry to say that BA have cheapened their once special brand, and I’ll no longer select BA over any other low cost carrier based upon these recent experiences.