PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 2 medical complexity?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2019, 18:38
PAUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 2 medical complexity?

Hi:
I am about to book to get my first class 2 medical as part of starting my journey to get my PPL.
From what I understand, I submit a medical form and then turn up for the assessment, if all goes well I get a certificate. I'm under 40 so I think it lasts 5 years.

I have two items of medical history which I wonder if it will cause any issues / delays:

1. I was in a road traffic incident over a decade ago, fractured pelvis, fully recovered.
2. I had a prolapsed disc which needed surgery about 6 years ago, I made a good recovery, I get the odd pain every so often if I over do-it (e.g. carry something too heavy) but generally ok.

Overall I am healthy, regular outings doing road cycling and climbing, no regular medication, you wouldn't be able to tell I had the two injuries above unless I told you.

Looking at the medical form it asks for any previous injuries. It seems like I will need to list these.
The question is, will the AME be able to assess me on the first appointment for a class 2 medical and be able to make a determination in that first session, or will my history mean it'll inevitably cause issues, possibly require extra evidence of fitness, costs etc?

thanks