PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The End of HK as we know it
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2019, 12:12
Roy De Kantzow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you guys really do have an answer for everything don’t you?

Actually, I have no problem whatsoever with the fact you did so well out of CX and Hong Kong in general. You joined at the ‘right’ time, and you had the required experience at the time – congratulations.

However, please do us all a favour and have the good grace and humility to realise that you have had a fantastic innings. Constantly belittling your junior colleagues and moaning about your employment situation makes you look quite pathetic really… similar to a bunch of petulant, spoiled school kids.

Interestingly, the best senior Captains (A-scale if you like) I flew with at CX were those that understood the relative gap in T’s and C’s and focussed on working with their junior colleagues rather than against them. These Captains earned natural respect by respecting their colleagues on the flight deck and passing on their knowledge. 99.9% of Pilots I meet are more than capable of making their own choices, and young pilots can in no way be blamed for joining a contract that has been allowed to exist by the existing workforce.

We’re constantly told on this forum that we should leave CX and that CX is over, and yet now we are told that leaving is bad and that we are like headless chickens.

Well, I made my choice and left CX. I guess I’m in the headless chicken brigade… I wonder who is happier though?

Last edited by Roy De Kantzow; 6th Sep 2019 at 15:33.