PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA License Conversion Advice: Regionals or I Pay by myself??
Old 5th Sep 2019, 20:54
Sunrig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
Sunrig,

Thanks for that. Is there a list of which EASA countries have such a rating ? And how would it be indicate on the license ?

On an FAA license it would say, "[airplane type] SIC privileges only" and be listed in the Limitations section of the license.
You’re very welcome. Unfortunately I have no idea if such a list exists anywhere.
In my EASA license it is indicated with my current Rating saying PIC IR. So for example B737 300-900 PIC IR. I have seen that the First Officers have e.g. B737 300-900 COP IR. As I only know EASA licenses from my previous company, I assumed they were common for all EASA countries. Maybe someone else can chime in on that matter.
On a side note be advised, that you only keep your type rating in EASA if you do your annual LPC. That’s a big difference to the US, where you keep your type ratings displayed on your FAA certificate, regardless if you still fly the specific aircraft type or not. Usually the average European pilot has only the current aircraft type displayed on his license. Unless you choose to renew all previous ratings with a annual checkride out of your own pocket.