PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence under a Corbyn Government
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2019, 06:49
woptb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PapaDolmio
Absolutely correct- the real power is with McD and his cronies. They'll probably keep cuddly old JC on for a bit until his usefulness is over and then get rid of him.
I'm no fan of the Tories particularly but they are the best of a bad bunch at the moment.and what a lot of the electorate don't realise is that the slogan 'for the many, not the few' actually means destroying the middle class (the backbone of the country- you and me) and replacing the current elite with another smaller one- the party faithful and inner circle. The long term goal is to raid personal wealth, destroy ambition and to have the majority of the population totally dependent on the state for everything- jobs (through nationaisation or greater state control), housing (by deterring home ownership and controlling the housing market), health (ok we're already there with the NHS), controlling education, the police (I foresee the disbandment of regional constabularies and replacement with a national police force, think it can't happen? It already has in Scotland) and the welfare state. Marxist governments work on control, if the state controls everything then the population can be kept in line.
With regards to defence, with MCD's spending plans the country will be massively (even more) in debt very quickly, I would expect that there won't much money for defence in the pot but then with the aversion to foreign adventures and reliance on dialogue there won't be a perceived need, other than a semblance of home defence and to keep civpop in line.
Also bear in mind that a lot of the wealth generation in the country will disappear overseas or be nationalised (nationalised industries never make money- not business agile, not cost effective and no incentive). Add to that the increased trade unionism- JC, MCD and cronies are all backed by the more militant trade unions who will effectively run the country means its a very bleak picture.
Throughout the tenure of the Blair Govt they resisted nationalising the railways despite it being a permanent manifesto item and constant badgering from the RMT and ASLEF- ever wondered why? Because it would put the railway back 30 years overnight, cost billions and the railway would be run by the Unions- anyone want Mick Cash as SoS for transport?
What really annoys me is the hypocrisy of the JC loving celebs; JK Rowling, Ellie Goulding, Maxine Peake etc - happy to spout off but knowing that their millions are safely tucked away in overseas tax havens.

God.. I sound like Peter Hitchens and I'm now to read Orwell's Animal Farm again.
Leader writer for the Mail?