PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK MFTS on or off the rails?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2019, 12:14
Training Risky

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Easy Street

You've asked this before on another thread and I’ve made this point in response before. Here goes...

ME or RW pilots crossing to FJ have to do the full basic and advanced FJ courses. Of course, RPAS pilots would have to do the same. If the very slight reduction in the amount of elementary flying leads to any aircraft handling issues, it’ll be exposed in the basic course where it can be easily addressed.

FJ or ME pilots crossing to RW have to do the full basic and advanced RW courses....

You get the picture, I’m sure. We don’t send crossover pilots straight to OCUs, if that’s what you were wondering.
Thanks, I must have missed your reply on the RPAS thread. I was vaguely wondering if RPAS stream is now seen by some potential joiners as a back-door route to 'hands-on' flying, especially considering the news about the training bottleneck.

Yes got the picture - I do remember a few Tonka GR1 pilots at Shawbury who had to go through the whole Basic and Advanced course before ending up on the Chinook.