PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 4th Sep 2019, 11:23
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Glen,

Whilst I sympathise with your situation, I suspect that you are perilously close to having CASA call your medical into question. I don't say this lightly, but as someone who has followed this thread and read your increasingly pissed off letters to casa (and I don't doubt the reasons behind being pissed off I might add) I get the sense that it would be easy for CASA to paint a picture of you as being, if you will forgive me, hysterical and as a result call your medical into question on mental health grounds. I am not saying it would be right or fair, just easy.

My advice is to let the dust settle, as difficult as that will be, and when the funds are available let your fingers do the walking and engage competent counsel and let them deal with the regulator.

Have a read of your correspondence with your managers hat on - how would you react to increasingly annoyed and dare I say paranoid sounding letters and emails hitting your inbox from a disgruntled instructor. If you can honestly say that you wouldn't raise an eyebrow then fine, but if you think you might start to worry about that hypothetical employee then apply that filter to your correspondence.

Play the long game and don't get knocked out of the war on a technicality

Hope I have not offended you and good luck to you and your family