PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia : 315 Million Loss - How long can they survive?
Old 4th Sep 2019, 10:06
Chadzat

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
FYI - great slabs of text separated by ... is not kind on the eyes or easy to read!

Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
I think the original Landor BA scheme was also a wonderful change, that grey was different and new... and was much emulated. Personally I think the QF livery that was the best was the 1984 design, not the b--tardized version tinkered with by Hulsbosch who appears to never correct the statement made by others that he 'designed the original livery in 1984'... no, he didn't, it was Lunn-Dyer and Associates in Sydney... specifically Tony Lunn and Ron Dyer. It was a brilliant scheme that similarly was innovative, look how many airlines have copied the continuation of the tail colour down under the fuselage. The triangle motif was brilliant also, the way it was applied elsewhere in both patterns on glass in lounges, stationery and vehicles. I'm not sure the new QF livery is as nice, it needed a refresh but while it's not my favorite, at least it wasn't a shameless copy of the original 1984 design. As for VA, yes, a disappointing copy of various other Virgin branding cues... Hulsbosch again, IMHO not a very good designer. Designed Woolworths as well who was then threatened by Apple for a logo that looked almost the same. At the very least, it would have been nice to see some purple (like the cabins) in the VA scheme but what we have is not Qantas lite, but rather, simply b o r i n g... an insipid tail and insipidly grey-coloured lettering on the side. Raised a few eyebrows at VS when it was unveiled. It's not the worst though, that would almost have to be Singapore Airlines, the one large airline screaming out for a new livery... currently essentially a tinkered version of their 1972 livery.