PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence under a Corbyn Government
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2019, 09:02
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Melchett01

etudiant,

I have heard Corbyn described as many things in recent times, excellent tactician isn’t however, one of them.

His approach is one of the student debating Society and is naive. His strength is in campaigning not leading or governing. Just look at the current outrage over the planned proroguation of Parliament. Corbyn has had how long to call a no confidence vote in Johnson, but he fluffed it. Not only did he fluff it, he telegraphed his intent ahead of time before then holding back for the perfect moment. Johnson’s circus must have been laughing all the way to Balmoral to speak to the Queen. They didn’t need intelligence, Corbyn told them what he was thinking and then waffled.

For me, Corbyn is the puppet. McDonnell and Momentum are the real puppet masters and the threat to Defence and the nation’s security. Should Corbyn ever be elected (and I’m with Vin Rouge here in thinking the Tories are currently in a hard right / populist echo chamber which may or may not reflect as much of he electorate as they imagine) I think we’ll find him being sidelined by his own people to press home the full extent of Marxist Government they want.
Laughingly describing his approach akin to student debating society reminded me of (if anyone who is on FB), few years ago a four photo montage of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Saruman and some other hero with JC's face on it. The caption read "It takes a white haired hero to save us ocne again" or something along those lines. Quite a few friends who support Labour were sharing that montage on their wall...

Safe to say the montage was laughable, and then the video of the Para's shooting range with photo of his goodself kind of upset him. The tabloids were up in arms as they played on the fear emerging from the murder of the female MP Jo with the shooting practice.

Cheers