PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich-2
Thread: Norwich-2
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2019, 08:25
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Flynn
The big issue with Norwich is the much hated departure fee and the staff attitude. The latter is in my opinion caused by the security unit having boring periods followed by passengers who expect to glide through a small airport as if they were in a big one. Security staff tend to treat their job as if they were in Ben Gurion.(Israels premier airport) and the passengers are subjected to highly invasive searches not encountered at Heathrow or Gatwick.

(I last used Norwich 15 years ago)
You say "I last used Norwich 15 years ago" and then write scathingly about the security staff attitudes in the present tense?

I use NWI quite often and have never had a bad experience with security staff, I recently had a good meal in the restaurant due to a 2 hour Flybe delay, the Costa Coffee staff were friendly and the Duty Free quite acceptable. All in all it was a good experience as far as the airport was concerned. On return the baggage reclaim area needs a revamp but the bags arrived promptly - which is the main thing. Then straight out of the terminal to a waiting pre-booked taxi meant that I was home 25 miles away within an hour of disembarking the aircraft. As for Skytrax - that's about as reliable a source as the tabloid press.