View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 22:01
Jayviator

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
Wow, now that's impressive.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Pontius Navigator
You will get there in the end. You are right about chasing Mods. There are few steady state periods in combat aircraft. It used to be challenging for crews too!

There is/was a Dutch lady who built a working V-bomber navigation system. She chose a Mark 1 version. Remarkably she got it all working though unlike you it was not in its actual aircraft layout.

Your next challenge, make it work?
Cheers, getting it to work is way beyond my abilities, that would require some degree of electrical skills which I have none and I probaboy would not be allowed to do anything as where I live I am not allowed to have any electircal items installed without a qualified electrician. It would be nice though!

Originally Posted by 30mRad
A brilliant project Jayviator, and I'm hugely impressed with what you've achieved (and a little jealous!). I wouldn't worry about the lack of a "gang bar" on the Rapid Take-Off Panel - I've flown jets where the "gang bar" was not there/disabled etc so not having it will be quite realistic. I reality you switched on all but 2 when you got in (one was pitot heater and the other was wind screen heater - to prevent over heating without airflow over them) and then put those on in the pre-take off checks.

Look forward to the next update!

30mRad
Thanks, that is very interesting info and makes me feel a lot better about the broken gang bar.
My next update will hopefully be when i get a new LH panel made with the holes cut in the right places (needs to be less of a gap between the instruments) and an extra hole for the E-scope,