PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Initial Class 1 Medical
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 20:17
31Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure why they’d be reluctant to issue copies of your records unless they’ve lost them.

The AeMC letter simply asked for details of the treatment, testing and investigations carried out and how extensive that was plus any follow ups. All this was to go back to the AeMC for the CAA. My records had the last recorded date of anything asthma related. I had the opportunity to read my GPs report but I just asked them to send it to the AeMC direct and I never saw what was in the report or how extensive it was.

I had my full medical record printed out and the examiner took copies of this on the day but he said he couldn’t reasonably send all that for the CAA to review, hence the letter.

I would definitely keep on at the GP office for a copy of your records explaining your situation. It was an office administrator and practice manager who dealt with everything for me.

If the AeMC examiner haven’t seen your records then I guess the examiner is just wanting to see how extensive your asthma was, even if it was historic. If you haven’t shown anything other than the MD160 application thing then all they have to go on is what you’ve written on there. I was told as far as my examiner was concerned I might have had a prescription for inhalers since I was a kid but he has no way of knowing other than what I’ve declared on my form.

If you’re clear of it you should have nothing to worry about, it’s just going to be frustrating getting all that paperwork. Unfortunately they stand in your way of a medical for now.