PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 21:08
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Coming out of the sin bin

Thanks for all of the well intentioned advice, all much appreciated.

Regarding defamation.

CASA has made it clear in the correspondence from the CASA CEO that those individuals would potentially be able to pursue their own claim against me.

My perspective.
  1. Far more unfair damage has been bought to my reputation, as a result of actions by the named individuals.
  2. It is a matter of aviation safety
  3. It is the truth, I can substantiate it, I am fully prepared to be held accountable in law.
  4. I am truly destitute, so any financial threats, although noted and respected, cannot be addressed.
  5. It is in the public interest.

I fully respect our judicial system, and would welcome the opportunity to defend my reputation. It would cost me little. I wouldn't get a lawyer. I will turn up on the day, neatly dressed and simply "tell the truth". If any of those CASA personnel elect that path. I will respect it.

In the interim, I will continue with my goal of working towards $50,000 on the crowdfunding. Once I achieve $50,000 I will initiate the process myself, if they haven't.
Thankyou once again for your support. It is overwhelming and clearly demonstrates that my concerns are shared by the wider industry

https://www.gofundme.com/f/glen-buckley-v-casa