PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Interviews rant
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 06:55
deja vu

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Whites 2 Reds
At the risk of getting shot down here, tbh guys this thread sounds all a bit precious. I'm the first one to have a go about the decline of our t's and c's over the last 20 years and qualified at the start of the recession. So before anyone has a go, please understand I've not had it easy either.

But...

Ranting about airlines not rolling out the red carpet is just ridiculous. If you want the job then its reasonable to assume that you've done the homework and taken the view that the subsequent hoop jumping effort required to attain said job is a worth while endeavour.

I've never expected a company to pay for my airfares, hotels, meals etc and frankly never would do. If they do, great. But I've never begged for a job. Anything I've applied for has been a significant move in the right direction so if it cost me a tank of fuel and a night in a premier inn to make that step then so be it.

Are we REALLY this precious? Come on.

(Retreating to a safe distance and donning tin hat)
I think how a company treats it's prospective employees is pretty much a guide to what to expect if the employee is successful. You take what they give and you give back the same.