PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - help please!
Thread: help please!
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2019, 18:20
Mostly Harmless

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would suggest you look at the Prairie Provinces. I suggest this for a couple of reasons:
1. The winters, while cold, usually provide clear skies and a lot of available flying days for your training:
2. The cities are smaller, the airports less crowded so the "Practice Area" tends to be closer to the airfield you are operating out of and you spend less of your time and money transiting to the "Practice Area" to begin and end your training. This saves you money.

There are many fine schools in the mountains of BC that will afford you a unique training environment and can save you money on the nearness of the practice area. But the weather is a bit more of an issue and you may lose days to low cloud cover.

I would avoid Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver because they are large cities and you will spend a fair amount of your training time navigating to and from the practice areas. But, there are nearby smaller cities around all three of these places where you can get around spending a lot of training time just transiting to and from practice areas. I'm sure someone here can make a few suggestions as I'm a long way removed from doing training now.

Good luck.