PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA License Conversion Advice: Regionals or I Pay by myself??
Old 1st Sep 2019, 10:24
IllinoisDavidson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
pilotchute and IllinoisDavidson,
(5) 250 hours of flight time in an airplane as a pilot in command, or when serving as a required second in command flightcrew member performing the duties of pilot in command while under the supervision of a pilot in command, or any combination thereof, which includes at least—
(i) 100 hours of cross-country flight time; and
(ii) 25 hours of night flight time.
The wording in bold that bafanguy just posted definitely applies to my husband's situation (amongtus). I think this is really what has muddied the waters for us. I have also been in touch with a former FAA employee and he referred us to the FAA regulation Title 14 CFR part 61.55(e). This regulation focuses on SIC qualifications. My huband's PF (and PICUS) experience certainly falls under the specifications of that regulation. We are trying to find definitive answers on this subject through multiple resources (and contacts). We will definitely let this forum know the final answer, especially for any foreign pilots considering transferring to the aviation business in the US. This seems to be a key component to clarify before even moving ahead with license conversion. My husband may even need to keep a second (electronic?) log book moving forward so that he can log his hours properly according to his airline's policy and FAA regulations. And I thought just flying a plane was difficult. Ha!