PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 1st Sep 2019, 02:55
Smalahove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of hopefully brief remarks before I take my seat:

I bring to this thread some 35 years as an employee of a government agency. I started as a labourer; I was in management when I left. I spent ten years as an inspector before they booted me upstairs in 2003.

My specialty was the "difficult" files. The ones nobody wanted to touch. The ones where one wrong move could land you in the newspapers, with all hell breaking loose.

I did it for a long time, and I loved it. So I know a little about what works and what doesn't when it comes to dealing with government agencies.

They key to success is to find a person inside the organisation that wants to help you. I don't mean some drone who will perform his duties by rote, I am talking about someone who WANTS to help you. If you can find that, you have struck gold.

I have gone to bat for ordinary citizens who felt wronged many, many times. I fought my bosses on their behalf, and 100% of the time my bosses acknowledged that I was right. They never once called me on my decisions, not once. I was trusted to make the call.

All this because I WANTED to help the person. I believed in them. And they approached me with respect and dignity.

Glen, if you had found someone like me within CASA at the beginning of this unfortunate saga, you might have trod a very different path.

Please try to learn from this. You have no hope of finding a sympathetic ear inside CASA now. That was your best chance, and it's gone. Now, your only hope is to find someone, somewhere, who believes in your cause, but more importantly, actually LIKES you.

Glen, please, you have got to stop attacking people. They may well deserve every bit of it, but in your situation you just can't do that. You gotta be cool like Fonzie, my man. You need influential people to like you, and they don't dig attack posts full of inuendo. I will say it again... YOU HAVE TO STOP THIS ****!

You need an advocate who has some influence. I used to be such a person. Can you cool your anger enough to find someone like me?