PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 1st Sep 2019, 00:52
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I read in one of the links posted here, that October 1 marks some important contractual date, after which Boeing has to... do something... start deliveries or re-start deliveries. If they miss this deadline, the airlines will be eligible for cancelling firm orders without paying the penalty.
I can't help feeling that there will be more than a few get-out clauses, or excuses. I would imagine refusing to take delivery under the present circumstances would end in years of legal argument with Boeing having to bring the cases. I'm perhaps cynical in thinking China may just be weighing up the arguments.

MOL. Love him or hate him, he's a canny bloke and his recent announcement of cut backs will be based on what I fear will be a valid assessment of an aviation decline. His ability to down-size will be a major part of any planning. But then, when you're operating so many of one type, you can't afford to alienate the manufacturer . . . can you?

Many buyers must be considering the ultimate scenario. Fleet numbers and the availability of spares for what is, to all intents and purposes, a new type must be making the thought of a mixed fleet a survivor's equation.