PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enroute Climb Limit Weight
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2019, 15:45
JABBARA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody know how to apply penalties to Enroute Climb Limit Weight. (According to MEL/CDL). And what this weight mean itself? B737
My interpretation of this thread: As a worst case scenario, you are in the cockpit to fly back to home base but you found out just a new CDL is added to Tech Log Book effecting Enroute Performance Limiting weight with a penalty of 5000Kg; What I can do with this 5000kg?

If my interpretation is incorrect, yes dear Oggers, my answers may not be a solution.
But if my interpretation is correct, then I consider my answers are correct; besides they reveals a factuality: I repeat again, in that scenario 5000kg value is useless in the purpose at which it is given.

However, as advised at previous threads (including mine) and latest by FullWings, adding this value to actual ZFW or Actual weight to optimize FMS calculation is a better than nothing improvisation by pilot (not by any regulation or operation manuals including MEL, as far as I know) and I agree.
But emphasize again this is not the intended usage of 5000kg by CDL, but good enough to see what could be our real performance capability for Max Climb Altitude or related predictions.

Who does that? Every outfit I’ve heard of that flies large transport aircraft has some sort of flight planning system that takes account of en-route performance (in my case LIDO) .
That is I mean

Last edited by JABBARA; 31st Aug 2019 at 17:58.